Yes, I’m back again with another Reese’s recipe! This time, Reese’s mini peanut butter cups are stealing the show, providing a delicious surprise in the middle of chocolate on chocolate cupcakes, drizzled with a peanut butter sauce! YUM! Introducing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes!
Mini Reese’s peanut butter cup cupcakes are a show stealer! And, instead of placing the Reese’s mini cup in the batter before cooking, I like to break it up and place the cups mid-baking, so they don’t fall to the bottom of the cup! The mini cup is in the perfect spot, right between a layer of cupcake and a layer of yummy chocolate icing!
The Ultimate Reese’s Cupcake!
Some people love the peanut butter flavor of Reese’s more than chocolate, but that’s totally not me! I love my chocolate with peanut butter, not my peanut butter with chocolate! Chocolate on top of chocolate, with a Reese’s mini in the middle as a surprise, and a light drizzle of peanut butter sauce! SO YUM!
This delicious peanut butter filled cupcake recipe is delicious!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (and ingredients according to package directions)
- 24 Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 TBSP powdered sugar, optional
- Prepare 24 cupcakes according to package directions.
- Halfway through the recommend cook time (around 7-8 minutes for mine,) Take cupcakes and gently push 1 Reese's mini peanut butter cup into each cupcake.
- Return to oven and cook until the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, frost with chocolate frosting.
- Stir peanut butter and coconut oil together. Add powdered sugar if more sweetness is desired. Mix until a drizzly consistency is met. Add more coconut oil if not runny enough, add more peanut butter or sugar if too wet.
- Gently drizzle peanut butter sauce over the top of each cupcake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.