It’s been awhile, but your fellow peanut butter lover is back with another cookie cup recipe! Your family will love these Peanut Butter Cookie Cups!
I love icing. I love cookies. Every cookie needs icing, if you ask me. A flat cookie cannot hold enough icing, so why not make cookie cups where you can just dollop the icing inside for more icing deliciousness!! And if you want to go all out, definitely add crushed peanuts, chocolate chips, sprinkles, sugar, cocoa, whatever your heart desires on top of these little bites of sweetness!
The peanut butter icing is so creamy and smooth. Feel free to play around with the amount of peanut butter and sugar that you put into it. With these ingredients, you really can’t go wrong.
Peanut Butter Cookie Cups with Delicious Peanut Butter Icing!
- one 17.5 oz package dry sugar cookie mix
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg (check your specific package to make sure)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar + more if necessary
- 1/8 cup of milk + more if necessary
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Make cookie dough according to package directions. (My package said add one stick of softened butter, one egg, and 3 TBSP flour.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with spray oil.
- Roll out individual balls of dough, about 1-2 TBSP of dough in each ball.
- Place one dough ball in each cavity of mini muffin tin.
- Press down on the ball and press out to make a cup.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and check for done-ness.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. If done, remove from oven.
- Dough will reform while cooling, so upon removing the cookie cups, use a round teaspoon to make indentions in cookie cups.
- While cookie cups are cooling, make the filling.
- Cream together butter, vanilla, milk, salt and peanut butter.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Check consistency of icing. If it is too thick, add a little milk and whip. If too thin, add in more powdered sugar.
- Fill a pastry bag or sandwich bag with icing, cut off a small corner, and fill each cooled cup with icing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.