Peanut Butter Chocolate Pastries
My oldest son is a peanut butter and chocolate fanatic, just like his mother. I made these delicious peanut butter chocolate pastries in the air fryer and he approved!
These pastries are fairly simple to make, so it is a recipe that you can easily make with your children. The peanut butter baking chips and chocolate chips make it super easy and there is no right or wrong amount of chips to put in each pastry. Well, you do not want to overstuff the pastries, otherwise you will have a melted mess! But if you like a lot of peanut butter with just a hint of chocolate, adjust your chips accordingly!
Of course you could add peanuts, marshmallows, whatever you would love and top with things other than peanut butter and chocolate, like whipped cream! Delicious!
Check out my recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes!
- 1 refrigerated or homemade pie crust
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- chocolate syrup
- Using a Mason jar ring, cut 6-8 circles out of a flattened pie crust.
- Place 1-2 TBSP of peanut butter baking chips and chocolate chips on top of one of the circles of dough and spread about 1/4" from the sides.
- Using a basting brush, baste water on the dough that is not covered.
- Place another circle of dough on top.
- Using a grapefruit spoon or fork, press top and bottom circles together around the edges.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place pastries in the air fryer or oven in one layer, careful that they are not touching.
- Spray the top of the pop tarts if you want them to crisp a little more, but it’s not necessarily.
- Cook 6-8 minutes on 375 degrees, checking every minute after 5 minutes for desired doneness.
- While cooking, place creamy peanut butter in a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag, cutting off the tip.
- Squeeze peanut butter and chocolate sauce on top of the pastry, serve and enjoy!