There is something about peanut butter that is just so versatile. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and dessert. Peanut butter is truly one of the best foods out there! This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix is great for parties, too!
The boys love to help out in the kitchen, but I sometimes struggle with letting them help. When I brought home a box of Peanut Butter Chex, I showed them the recipe on the box and they were excited to try it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix
They were excited about making this recipe together. They were able to do most of it themselves, but I did handle the microwave part. Cooking together is great for kids. I think that being able to measure ingredients and pour them in is such a great teaching lesson and helps with life skills! It also gives them confidence to read recipes and make them in the future!
I remember when our oldest was about 6, he wanted to badly to make us coffee in the morning. Probably because he thought if he made our coffee, we would be more willing to get out of bed early like he did, but oh well, good for him for using his brain! He learned how (this was before we had a Keurig!) and his coffee was delicious!
Anyway, back to the peanut butter Chex mix…it turned out great, we all ate it, and I highly recommend it for a snack or party food! Here’s the recipe…
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix together powdered sugar and baking cocoa; set aside.
- In medium bowl, measure 3 cups cereal; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal in bowl; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal into plastic bag with powdered sugar mixture. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on cooking parchment paper to cool, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss together cooled coated cereal, remaining 3 cups cereal, the peanuts and peanut butter cups. Store in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 19g
The writer is not a doctor or nutritionist and this nutritional information is just a guideline. Please consult your doctor or nutritionist for more accurate information.